duminică, 20 septembrie 2009

Return To Sender

Grant me one wish tonight. Just one. I won’t ask for the impossible. I promise.

Come and stay next to me. Let me lay my head on your shoulder and hold your hand in mine. Let me feel that you are here, that I finally found you. Let me believe that what I’ve imagined then, when the waves were crashing at my feet, has turned to reality. And I’d like you to speak. I don’t care about what or for how long, let me hear your voice. Could you whisper this song to me? It has to be our song, even the lyrics match this story, don’t you think?

But I’m afraid I must let go of you now. I can’t let you know me the way I know myself. Instead, I will let you imagine that I am who you want me to be. I do the same. I dream of who you are because it’s the only thing I’m good at. And in every glimpse of that dream you are something more than beautiful. You’re the light at the end of the tunnel. The stranger who hands me hope. My stranger.

I miss you. I really do.

Un comentariu: